MBBS (UWA), FRACS (General Surgery), GESA
Provides comprehensive and personalised specialist surgical care including:
- Laparoscopic and abdominal surgery
- Acute Surgery– like appendicitis, gall bladder, bowel obstructions, etc
- Skin Cancer and Benign lesions; Lymph node surgery
- Open Access Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy, including National Bowel Cancer Screening program
- All aspects of General Surgery
He consults at 2 locations in Perth, Western Australia.
Mr William Tjhin began his medical education in the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and graduated from the University of Western Australia (UWA).
He completed his General Surgeon Specialist Training (FRACS) from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeon (RACS).
He further sub-specialises in Emergency Surgery in the Acute Surgical Unit (ASU) of Fremantle Hospital.
He participates in the National Colorectal Cancer Screening program. He provides open access Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy services, for the diagnosis, therapeutic screening and surveillance of polyps and gastrointestinal cancers.
Mr William Tjhin is a strong proponent of effective clinical and practical training of the medical students from the UWA and the Notre Dame University. In recognition to his contribution in the mentorship of junior doctors and medical students, he was twice nominated (2011, 2012) and awarded in 2013 Clinical Teacher of the Year in Fremantle Hospital.